Friday, November 26, 2010

Tomato and Olive Tapenades (with blurry photo!)


These are two tapenades we used to make at a restaurant I worked at in Minnesota. I love tapenades and would be hard-pressed to pick a favorite. They are so easy to put together and will keep for weeks (or longer). I make my crostini using a good baguette (I usually buy at Panera, sometimes using a whole-grain baguette), cut into about 1/4" slices, brush with olive-oil, and bake at 325 for about 15 minutes. I usually turn them over and bake maybe another 5 minutes or so until crisp.
OLIVE TAPENADE (this is the full recipe, I usually half it and gives me plenty to snack on for a few weeks.....Jim doesn't eat much of it)
8 oz green olives, chopped
16 oz black olives, chopped
4 oz sun dried tomatoes, chopped (I use smoked SDTs)
16 oz marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
2 1/2 Tbsp garlic
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp cayenne
1 cup olive oil
That's it. Just mix it up and mmmmmm........enjoy!
TOMATO TAPENADE (again, I usually 1/2 this recipe)
10 Roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup basil, chopped
1/4 cup red onion, diced
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 lime, juiced
2 garlic cloves, diced
1 tsp salt
1/4 coarsely-ground black pepper
Mix, then just pour a bunch of balsamic vinegar until it's soupy. Serve on crostini.

No comments:

Post a Comment