Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Rosemary Honey Cookies


Years ago I ran across this recipe and I don't know why, but I have never made them until today. I wish I knew where I found the recipe because I would love to see what else these folks can offer. These are just wonderful and a really great autumn cookie. I think I will increase the rosemary by 1/2 to 1 teaspoon next time. The rosemary flavor is a bit faint to me, but you can still taste it and what a wonderful twist on a cookie!
ROSEMARY HONEY COOKIES
1/2 cup shortening
1/4 cup butter (I used 3/4 cup butter)
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup honey
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 cups flour
2 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
In a mixing bowl, cream shortening, butter, and sugar. Beat in egg, honey, and lemon juice.
Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture.
Drop by teaspoonfuls 2" apart onto greased baking sheets (I use parchment paper). Bake at 325 for 12-14 minutes (I liked my a bit browner, so I went 13-14 minutes).
Yield: 8 dozen small cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment