Thursday, November 25, 2010

THANKSGIVING DINNER MENU


YIKES!!!!! I am so upset.....all of my photos came out smudged!!!! And had it not been for that, I would have had some great shots for you. So please just use your imagination! I'll post the recipes in the next day or two (maybe you could use one for Christmas), but the pictures are just too depressing! I must have gotten a sticky finger or maybe a dog's nose smack dab in the middle of the lens.
But this was my menu. We were graced with the presence of one of Jim's co-workers (hi Lisa!) and had a nice dinner followed by a nap and some football (really, would it have been a Thanksgiving without that?)
Turkey (brined with the World Market brine mix) and stuffed with rosemary and sage
Easy Turkey Gravy (recipe to follow)
Cranberry Sauce (plop, out of a can, Ocean Spray)
Cornbread Sage Dressing (stale white bread, cornbread, sauteed onion and celery, cooked turkey kidneys from the Easy Turkey Gravy, S&P, ground sage, chicken broth......cooked about 350....make it thick or thin depending if you like it moister or crispier)
Three Cheese Scalloped Potatoes.....THE BEST!!!! (Recipe to follow)
Brussels Sprouts (trimmed and cut with an "X" at the stem, boiled in salted water 6-8 minutes)
Seasoned Italian Green Beans (in the vegetable aisle....either brand "Allen's" or "Margaret Holmes" are wonderful)
Waldord Salad (recipe to follow)
Wild Rice Salad (recipe to follow)
Deviled Eggs (I've never made them the same way twice. Usually mayo, mustard (yellow or Dijon), S&P, I like very finely minced onion, then an array of choices: horseradish, curry, wasabi, whatever might appeal to you
Bread: I used those wonderful Rosemary/Salt rolls I found at Fresh Market and also some of the frozen white "ball doughs" you find in the freezer section. A basic white bread dinner roll.
Appetizer: Tomato and Olive Tapenades with Crostini (recipes to follow)
Desserts: Grandma Barton's Pecan Pie and Pumpkin Chiffon Pie with Whipped Cream (recipes to follow)
So again, I apologize for the crappy photo. I'll do better at Christmas! We'll be doing a Honeybaked Ham as the entree so I have a few weeks to get creative with my appetizers, sides, and desserts.
Hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment